Popular Posts

Life in the Art | Alexandra Novik-Khamis


Alexandra Novik-Khamis is an artist, art teacher, art mentor and art guide. She was born in Ukraine but has been living in Bahrain for seven years. Alexandra opened up an art studio, made several exhibitions and was recognized as one of the most successful businesswoman in Gulf since then.
What inspires you as an artist?
The main inspiration in my life is the people I love – my family: my mom, dad, sister and my husband. I painted them so many times but I will never be tired of painting portraits of them. From artists, I really take inspirations from classical artworks of Salvador Dali, Van Gogh and Jean-Francois Millet and Vasily Perov. I love surrealistic realism with a touch of impressionism.
What artwork do you most identify with?
My life is an artwork in itself – the most inspiring artwork. I knew that I will be an artist even when I was a child. When I was young, my biggest dream was to have an endless stock of canvases and colours so I can paint all the time.
Can you describe your painting process; how do you know when your artwork is finished?
I always try to catch the beauty of the moment and paint it. Every artwork is born – it is a long process of creating that’s why each piece is different. It comes unexpectedly, I never really know what kind of artwork I will produce. And sometimes art piece is never finished, but then it is becoming unfinished interesting art.
What is your favourite colour and why?
I love bright colours or “tasty” colours as I call it. However, purple is the royal and very emotional colour for me.
Which part of Bahrain is your favourite and why?
I love Bahrain. I traveled a lot, but Bahrain is the best place for living. My favourite place is where I live – Amwaj Islands. One of the biggest dreams is to live by the sea. The beauty and nature of Amwaj are inspiring me every day.
P.S. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. I am an artist, and I am proud to say it. Don’t be scared to show your talents and be sure of yourself. Don’t feel shy to remind yourself of how great you are in something. It’s not vanity, it is self-inspiration. No need to compare yourself, no need to show off. Try to be modest but inspirational. The balance in your talents and self-realization is important.
For more info:
Mail: jemnovik@hotmail.com
www. jemnovik.wix.com/shurooop

Share:

0 comments