Popular Posts

Palitra Studio

Alexandra Novik
Managing Director
Palitra Studio
It’s been almost two years since I opened my art studio. And during this period I taught and keep teaching a lot of students from 3 years old to 53 years old. For some of them I had been just teacher, but most of them calling me friend, mentor and even guru (of art of course). But you know when I thinking about achievements of these 2 years of my studio, I realize that I am helping people to discover art within them. You know what bringing me truly happiness. Not exhibitions, publications and glamorous words in newspapers. These are nice of course. But truly happiness brings me understanding that I inspire. When small kid who did not know how to draw a simple shapes when she came to studio first time, after just a year not only drawing perfect shapes but amazingly mixing colors and painting better than older kids. When 9 year old is painting big Venice landscapes with oil (with great knowledge of perspective and color palette). And when I see everyday progress of art in my small niece my heart is blooming. I am happy when I truly see the results in small kids who are just having 1 class per week with my guidance. And with every art work getting more inspired and feeling truly interest in art. I realized that people (does not matter small or big) are more open to any art activity when I am inspiring and eulogize them during work. Small critic must be as well. The whole education process must be built by inspiration and around their abilities (all people are different and having different visions). For example my education in art school and mostly in university was built by criticism and humiliation of personality forcing by total killing personal vision and opinion in art. And those of students who tried to be flexible and just build invisible walls between them and teachers truly saved their own opinion and artistic vision. I guess I am one of them. Why I say so, because I know in fact that most of my co-students never touched colors, brushes and canvas anymore. Their inspirations were killed during university years. So trust me education based on inspiration is the best way to raise artist. Can I teach any person how to paint? Well, I pretty sure yes only if this person truly wants it and believe in success.

Share:

0 comments