Popular Posts

Seven Lessons I have learned Being an Artist

“Being an artist means forever healing your own wounds
 and at the same time endlessly exposing them.”
― Annette Messager

Being artist is not always easy and adventurous as it might seems. Artist is same profession as any other. Just some people treat it as profession when another take it as lifestyle. For my being artist is a way of life. Art will stay with me and within me till the end.
So I wanted to tell you about lessons I have learned being artist.
  •           Never stop learning. This is very important part for artists. You can never know everything in this field. Even being genius, still you must perfect your art skills. Learn and learn…
  •           Don’t judge, but appreciate and analyze. As beginner artists many years ago I looked at art works (very beautiful art works) of different artists and always tried to search for mistakes and flaws. Sometimes I did it out of jealousy (especially when art piece was amazing). Now I learn from amazing art works. I am not searching for mistakes; I am searching for beauty and hidden secrets inside art works. Which I can use in my art later.
  •           Never stop painting even if you are not selling. When I understood that I will be artist (not a designer or similar art filed high payed professions), but an artist – I knew back then that I will never get a millions. Because it’s typical – our world right now don’t need art. But I knew that art lives inside me and I will paint and create, even if no one will buy it. Artist must be hungry to create. In the end if you will do your art with heart and soul money will come to you.
  •           Don’t sacrifice your style for commission works. Don’t lose yourself as an artist doing commission works you don’t like or don’t feel. It’s important not to put money over your style and vision. You are an artist not a printer.
  •           Make schedule for work. Even though am an artist, I can’t always wait till muse will come and give me inspiration. I must paint, sketch, create, or search for an inspiration myself. Basically it’s important to treat art as an actual job rather than a hobby.
  •           Follow your heart and soul while you are creating art. Never focus on what is popular, get likes on social media and bestselling in art world. Create what you feel, create what you want.
  •  Always listen to your art instinct, because eventually what you create will reflect this part of your life. And again you are painting not to impress people (who don’t understand anything in art), but to express yourself and be part of something bigger than just you.


Of course I could continue this list and bring you more lessons and tips I have learned being artist. But I believe that these seven lessons are the most important and if you wish to start paint you must analyze and feel each of these lessons I mentioned.

Share:

3 comments

  1. So much of this post really translates to every body that's why I loved it.What I love about Art, though I really know nothing, is that it makes you feel something. I imagine looking at it everyday is so much more amazing than the perfect couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never stop learning is a great point ..thank you

    ReplyDelete