Popular Posts

Creativity as a Spiritual Process | Alexandra Novik - Khamis

It wasn’t that long ago that having a son or daughter who expressed interest in becoming an artist was considered a parent’s worst nightmare. But today, many parents are encouraging of their children’s interest in art. And I am as an art mentor should guide them into art world and bring inspiration for young future artists. 
There are many options available to help nurture budding talent, but sending a young artist to expensive private lessons isn’t necessarily at the top of the list. Yet, when I see the new undergraduates show up at my art studio, there are some who have gotten an undeniable head start above their peers. For me art education is not only teaching process but rather creative process which inspires students. One of the main goal for me as an art mentor is to bring knowledge together with joy of creative process. First of all students understand the basics of art techniques in chosen field. And then when they know the rules they can smartly break it. Art process for young artists is not 'throwing colors as you wish, because you are inspired', art process is know how to mix and arrange those colors in order to get beautiful composition. And when student understand it and know how to 'splash' colors, then beauty of creativity starts.
If you are sure that art is not a science than think twice. Art is way more complex and spiritually deep process than most of people think. Art work is mix of knowledge, creativity, time and inspiration. And hard work of course. I am always mentoring my students that only through hard work in creating art piece you can reach creative inspiration. When you will learn how to enjoy the difficulties in learning – you would get the idea of creating a masterpiece. Creative process should not be boring or easy. And artist should be always ready for new challenges in their inspirational way.

Share:

7 comments

  1. I agree that art is a mix of science and creativity. However, would you agree that not everyone has a talent for art? I know not everyone can sing. But does aesthetic sense a talent not everyone possesses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see that a lot more are interested in the arts. It's great how you cultivate their creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am for giving kids loads of artistic exposure..Be it music or drawing...Let them taste the flavors of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really an artist (illustrator, painter, etc.), but I did choose another course of career from the rest of my family. I guess it was expected of me to go into the medical or dental field, but I chose to follow my passion and have that freedom to explore different industries and careers. As much as I would love to say that I would be far better off "richer" if I became a professional, I treasure having the opportunity to explore my skills and passion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. creativity is always the key... I'm not so sure about the spiritual process until reading your post..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art is a wonderful way to express one`s self. It`s a great thing that many parents nowadays are more open to the idea of encouraging their children to pursue arts as a part of their career.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to see kids expressing interest in the arts these days because the world now is so open to a lot of possibilities. Just look within and create.

    ReplyDelete