Popular Posts

Autumn Art | Alexandra Novik-Khamis





 

With leaves turning golden, nights drawing in, and warm lights being lit, autumn is the perfect time to settle down in a comfy chair with some poetry for the company and in front of some art to admire.

The new collection is almost ready. I rarely draw autumn themes in my whole life. But now I am very inspired. The collection is done on canvas, foam boards, and cardboard. But only with oil paints.

I believe I showed the autumn mood well in this collection. Well, at least my perspective and vision of it.

Autumn is a time for artistry and awe, the structural details of a landscape coming alive in its changing, a bittersweet mixture of melancholy and fulfillment. 

This season can inspire feelings of loneliness and sorrow, though it can also help us to feel the sacredness of sharing that solitude with each other. It shows the beauty of release, acting as a catalyst to our own introspective nature.

Autumn holds the promise of new beginnings. It’s a fresh start for so many things. Scenes of fall conjure up images of the beautiful autumnal leaves.

I will post the whole collection on my web page soon.

Look at the different coloured leaves,

Swaying gently with the breeze,

Lovely reds, browns, and greens,

All waiting to fall from the trees.

When they leave they twist and turn,

Ready to join the masses of fern,

Landing softly on the ground,

You can taste the smell of autumn, all around.


Share:

0 comments